- GENERAL INFORMATION
Pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter the “Regulation”), MINITOOLS srl (hereinafter “MINITOOLS” or the “Company”) hereby provides, information about how your personal data may be processed when you visit the website www.mte.net or other sites owned and/or affiliated to, and/or related in any way to MINITOOLS srl, (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) (paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4) or when you use the newsletter service (paragraph 5).
The term “personal data” has the meaning provided by the data protection legislation and refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier.
“Data protection law” means the EU Regulation n. 2016/679 as amended, including the Recitals, the applicable national law, including the decisions issued by the Data Protection Authority, and codes of conduct, if applicable.
The terms “processing”, “data controller”, “data processor”, “joint data controllers”, “personal data” (including “special categories of personal data”), “data subjects”, “third parties”, “recipients”, “third countries”, “breach of personal data” and “supervisory authorities” are used according to the definition and meaning provided by the data protection legislation, to which reference is made.
- COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- NAVIGATION DATA
During the normal course of operation, the IT systems and software procedures used to run the Website collect certain personal data whose transmission is implicit in the Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected for the purpose of associating the same with identified data subjects, but may make it possible to identify the user when processed and associated with the data held by third parties.
This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names or specification of the type of devices used by users who connect to the Website, the URI - Uniform Resource Identifier - addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response to the same, the numerical code indicating the status of the response provided by the server (successfully completed, error, etc.) and other parameters relevant to the operating system and the user's IT environment.
Minitools will process your personal data for the technical administration of the Website, to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website and to ascertain the correct functioning thereof and will be deleted immediately after processing for such purposes. This data is used with the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of our Website and to guarantee its correct operation.
- PERSONAL DATA RELATING TO THE PURCHASE OF MINITOOLS PRODUCTS/SERVICES
When you purchase MINITOOLS products/services, the personal data you provide in the context of the process relating to the transaction (“Purchasing Data”), will be processed by MINITOOLS, as data controller, in order to:
- process the purchase order and deliver the products you have purchased;
- verify that the information provided for the purposes of the transaction are complete, valid, correct and non-fraudulent.
- manage the contractual relationship with customers and provide after-sales services, as well as to provide technical assistance to users and clients in order to register to the Website and/or to make a purchase order and/or after a purchase order is made;
- comply with the legal obligations set forth by tax and accounting legislation, or any other legislation that MINITOOLS is required to comply with as seller.
For the purposes indicated under points a. and c., the processing of data is necessary to perform the contract, to which you are a party, with the Company (pursuant to article 6 paragraph 1 b) of the Regulation). The purpose indicated under point d. is necessary to fulfil any legal obligations of the data controller (as set forth by article 6 paragraph 1 c) of the Regulation); As regards the purpose set forth by point b., pursuant to recital 47 of the Regulation, your data will be processed in the legitimate interest of MINITOOLS to ascertain the security of the payments received.
You are required to provide your Purchasing Data in order to execute the purchase contract between you and MINITOOLS. Should you refuse to provide your Purchasing Data, you will be unable to finalise the purchase of the products on the e-commerce platform of the Website.
Please ensure that your personal data are correct; in the case of changes to the personal data you have provided, please contact the Company at your earliest convenience.
Your Purchasing Data will be retained by MINITOOLS only as long as necessary to deliver the products you have purchased, comply with any requests made by you pursuant to the Consumer Code, to comply with tax and civil law obligations and for the period set forth by Italian law in order to protect our interests (article 2946 of the Italian Civil Code).
After identifying yourself, you have the right to ask MINITOOLS to access your Purchasing Data, and to amend or delete the same, provided that the relevant conditions are met. You also have the right to ask MINITOOLS for a copy of your Purchasing Data and to limit the processing of your Purchasing Data, provided that the relevant conditions are met.
In order to exercise the above rights or request further information about how we process your Purchasing Data, you may contact us at email@example.com.
You may, in any case, file a claim with the competent supervisory authority, or the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data, if you believe your personal data have been processed illegally.
- Communication of personal data from MINITOOLS to Smartsupp.com, s.r.o. and processing of personal data by Smartsupp.com.
If you utilize the Site, MINITOOLS will communicate your personal Data to the company Smartsupp.com, s.r.o., with registered office at 13 Milady Horakove, Brno 602 00, Czech Republic, VAT no. CZ03668681 (hereafter “Smartsupp”) for the following purposes:
I. to obtain statistical information from the Site;
II. Site assistance service.
MINITOOLS’ communication of your Data to Smartsupp for the purposes indicated in letters I) and II) and Smartsupp’s related processing operations are carried out based on MINITOOLS’ interest in guaranteeing the control of proper functioning and use of the Site. With regard to the purpose set out in letter II), data processing takes place when the user voluntarily sends a request for support. Smartsupp’s processing consists of providing an interactive service through a live chat platform and also collecting data related to utilization of the pages on which it is installed. The data collected through the chat will be retained for 12 months, while data collected during browsing will be retained for 10 days.
For a description of the commitments and measures Smartsupp has adopted in order to guarantee your privacy, please read Smartsupp’s privacy disclosure, where you will also find the email address to contact Smartsupp’s data protection manager and obtain information on the retention period for your personal Data processed by Smartsupp. You may also contact MINITOOLS at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights pursuant to point D.
Please be advised that communication of your personal Data involves transfer to databases located within the European Union, while Data in transactional emails (such as offline emails or the copy of conversations through chats) is transferred outside the European Economic Area. Your Data from transactional emails will be transferred to the United States of America, where they will reside on third party servers of sub-processors Smartsupp has appointed for service functioning purposes. Neither MINITOOLS nor the data processor or sub-processors will communicate your personal Data to third parties without your prior consent, unless this is required by law.
This website uses so-called first and third-party cookies. Cookies are short text strings that are transmitted to the browser and may be stored on the computer, smartphone or any other device used to access the Internet, whenever a website is visited.
- NEWSLETTER AND DATA SUPPLIED VOLUNTARILY BY THE USER
Among the services available on the Website, MINITOOLS offers a newsletter service to which users may subscribe. Users who subscribe to the newsletter will receive e-mails with information and commercial content.
The legal basis for processing such data is art. 6 (1) (b) of the Regulation.
The personal data processed for this purpose include your e-mail address, that will be retained only as long as it is strictly necessary to provide the newsletter service requested.
You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of the e-mails you receive.
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Your personal data will be processed by the duly authorised and appointed employees and collaborators of MINITOOLS.
Your personal data may be processed by companies appointed by MINITOOLS, who carry out technical and organisational tasks on behalf of the same. These companies are direct collaborators of MINITOOLS and are appointed as data processors, in accordance with art. 28 of the Regulations, and guarantee to implement appropriate measures to ensure that the processing of your personal data complies with the Regulations and protects the rights of the data subject.
As part of the data processing procedure carried out through the Website, MINITOOLS has specifically appointed the companies providing managing and technical maintenance service for the Website and the Company’s servers as data processor.
As part of the data processing carried out through the e-commerce platform, the personal data collected may also be shared with the following categories of recipients:
- companies that provide shipping/delivery services for the products;
- companies providing services connected with the required services;
- companies that offer IT maintenance services, hosting and maintenance services.
The data collected may also be processed by third parties, as independent data controllers, such as:
- persons, companies, associations or professional firms that provide assistance and advisory services (lawyers, accountants, auditors).
- companies that provide payment processing services by credit card and through banks;
The complete list of recipients is constantly updated and may be requested by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your personal data will not be disseminated for any reason whatsoever.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise the rights set forth by the data protection law at any time. In particular, if applicable, you may:
- request and receive confirmation that we hold your personal data and access the content thereof (right of access);
- update, amend and/or correct your personal data (right of rectification);
- request that your personal data be deleted, anonymised, or a block of any data processed in breach of the law or limit the processing thereof;
- object to the processing of your data, for legitimate reasons, if such objections are based on art. 6 (1) (f) of the Regulations;
- object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and marketing purposes, or for market surveys or to forward promotional messages;
- withdraw your consent -when given- at any time, without prejudice to the legality of any processing based on your consent prior to such withdrawal;
- receive a copy of the personal data you provided and request that such personal data be transmitted to another data controller.
In order to exercise your rights, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You in any case have the right to file a claim with the competent supervisory authority, or the Data Protection Authority, if you believe your personal data have been processed illegally.
- DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller is MINITOOLS srl, having registered headquarters at Via Nino Rota, Trav. 1a n.c., Alberobello (BA), 70011, in the person of its company representative pro tempore.
Vers.1.0 del 06/08/2018
- Cookies are text files which are installed on the User's device while browsing the website www.mte.net to facilitate the server functions and ensure better use of the service offered. By using cookies, Users can be identified when using the website so that MINITOOLS srl will be able to analyse the behaviour of the User and personalise access to the site. Cookies are also used to increase site navigation speed, and recognise and monitor user requests.
Cookies from the website visited ("owners") or sites managed by other organisations ("third parties") may also be received when visiting a website. A notable example is the presence of "social plugins" for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are web page elements generated directly by the sites and integrated into the pages of the host site. Social plugins are most commonly used for sharing content on social networks. These plugins require cookies to be sent to and from all sites operated by third parties. The processing of relevant information gathered by third parties is governed by them and you should refer to them if needed. For the purposes of greater transparency and convenience, below is a non-exhaustive list of third party websites with information about their policies for handling cookies:
- Facebook policy:www.facebook.com/help/cookies/;
- Facebook (settings): access your account. Privacy section
- Twitter policy:support.twitter.com/articles/20170514;
- Twitter (settings): twitter.com/settings/security;
- LinkedIn policy:www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy;
- LinkedIn (settings):www.linkedin.com/settings/;
- Google+ policy:www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/;
- Google+ (settings):www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/.
Therefore, it contains links to other websites that have their own privacy statements. These privacy statements may differ from those adopted by MINITOOLS srl, which may not correspond to third-party sites.
- So as to have a comprehensive and up-to-date list of all third parties that can access their web browser via MINITOOLS srl websites or in other ways, the User will be able to install a plug-in designed for that purpose. The User can also set up his or her computer so that it receives an alert whenever a cookie is installed or, alternatively, can decide to completely shut down cookie installation. The User can do this via the browser settings used on his/her device, taking into account that every browser is different from the others, and it is therefore convenient to access the Help menu to learn how to change cookie preferences correctly. By disabling cookies, however, the User may not have access to many of the features that make the website and its applications more efficient, and some of MINITOOLS srl services may not work correctly.
The website uses different types of cookies that can be installed on the User's device. These are:
Analytical cookies: these allow you to refine your website by tracking and analysing the User's behaviour and making navigation easier. Through these cookies you will see the most frequently visited pages, User preferences, as well as products that have already been displayed and will not therefore be reposted. In order to analyse how to use the website, it also uses the Google analysis services provided by Google, including Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google"), for users located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland Google services are offered by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland. Google Analytics uses "cookies", - text files that are saved onto your computer, that allow you to analyse how User's use our online content through Google. The data from the cookie on your use of our website (including your IP address) are normally transmitted to and stored on the Google server in the USA. In the event you enable IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be preventatively abbreviated within member states of the European Union or other states that have signed the agreement on European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the whole IP address be sent to Google's servers in the USA and then abbreviated onsite. Google will use these data to evaluate the use by Users of the MINITOOLS srl website, for drafting website protocols and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the internet. The IP address transferred from the User's browser to Google Analytics will not be associated with other Google data. Google will transmit this information to third parties only when there are any legal requirements or for the purposes of data processing. By using these websites, the User accepts their data will be processed in the manner and for the purposes described above. Users can avoid storing cookies through the software settings for their own browsers; in that case, some of the functionality of the websites may be compromised. Users can also prevent data detection by Google created from cookies relating to the use they make of websites (including their IP address); the same applies to compilation of these data by Google. For this purpose, the User can download and install the available browser plug-in at the address below. You can find more information about Google Analytics and data protection at the website: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it. Advertising cookies and behavioural advertising: these are used by the site to collect data about the navigational habits and preferences of a User in order to develop a specific profile for customising business offers, and to improve product and service searches to meet the real needs of Users;
Third party cookies: these are installed by other websites in order to ensure a high degree of correspondence between the content of the service provided by MINITOOLS srl and advertising and/or promotional communications. This type of cookies can be used to store the content visited on the website, or to share information with other subjects, and is activated to collect information about the User's movements on the Internet. In this case, the third party, the actual owner and manager of such cookies, is solely responsible for processing the personal data collected by using them. Profiling cookies for commercial purposes: These allow you to see whether the User who accesses the page has already accessed the website: www.mte.net and is therefore a client of MINITOOLS srl, these also allow MINITOOLS srl to adapt the promotional content of the page.
By way of example only and non-exhaustively, we should explain that depending on the function and type to which they belong, cookies have a different duration. These are: Persistent cookies: These are permanently stored on the user's device or in all cases, until they are specifically removed;
Session cookies: These have a limited lifespan and are automatically removed when the browser is closed.
- If the User wants to disable the cookies on their device, they can do so by simply selecting the settings that allow them to be rejected in their own browser. Every browser has specific configuration instructions. More information about the procedures for disabling cookies can be found on the website of the browser vendors. The following are the most commonly used browser links:
- Any User who would like to learn more about cookies and manage their preferences for third-party cookies is welcome to visit the website: www.youronlinechoices.com.
- The Owner of the data processing is MINITOOLS srl in the person of its pro tempore legal representative, with its legal headquarters in Alberobello (BA)- Postal Code 70011- at Via Nino Rota, Trav. 1a n.c., VAT no IT07991130720.
- If you have questions about using cookies or other technologies, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Vers. 1.2 del 22-01-2019